Monday, March 2, 2009

"Is tomorrow a Big Day?"

My mother often told me, "Tomorrow is a Big Day" when I really needed to get my rest. It usually made it even more difficult to get to sleep on those nights. Perhaps we were going to the amusement park, attending multiple parties, taking an important test and so on . .. she must have said it a lot to my little guy, too. A three-year-old Baby Bear asked me that question one night as I snuggled him to sleep. I was floored.

Tomorrow is a Big Day. I am going to work for the morning shift, and administering Linguistically Modified State Tests to my students. Also figuring out what-the-heck-to-do while the rest of the school takes many more tests than they are required to do (ELLs do Math only, no Reading, Writing or Science). I think we'll look at this National Geographic about animal cognition, and possible metacognition that I've been saving for a lull.

No comments:

Post a Comment